- Béla Bartók High School Jazz Department / vocational training ( the highest qualification in 1978)
- Kodolányi János Főiskola / college
Current musical activities:
- Dresch Quartet
- Borbély Műhely
- Lukács Miklós „Cimbiózis”
- Baló István Projekt ( established in 2015, a CD recording is going to be made in July)
- Several CDs were recorded with the mentioned bands of which some received „The best hungarian jazz recording of the year ” award over the past years.
- In 2016 each band published a CD recording moreover, Dresch Quartet also recorded one with the american Chris Potter (tenor sax).
I am a teacher at Kodolányi János Főiskola and at an elementary music school supported by the foundation „Dallam”.
Over the past years ( 30 years of teaching), based on my own experiences I have created a drumming method for teaching which is renewable, opened for changes and creativity, improvisation skills play a big part in it.
Masterclass : „ A madár röpte” 2012 („As a bird flies”)