International Semester Programme
KJU offers an exciting and varied semester study programme designed for international students who wish to spend one or two semesters abroad taking courses for the purpose of transferring credit (ECTS) on completion to their home institution for undergraduate (Bachelor) or graduate (Master) degree studies.
- Economics and Business Management
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Mass Media and Communications
- Cultural Management
- International Relations
- Social Work
- English and German Language Studies
- Vocal and Instrumental performance with Jazz, Pop-Rock and Ethno track Options
Students from universities all around the world which have not signed an exchange agreement with KJU maybe admitted for a semester or academic year of studies as free movers or visiting students andthey may choose from among a wide variety of courses offered in English and German.
The international semester programme runs parallel in two KJU campuses: Budapest and Székesfehérvár. For more information on locations and campuses please visit www.kodolanyi.hu/en
- Tailored lectures fully supported by university faculty
- High academic standards
- Project based activities in international teams
- Advice and orientation from tutors
- Friendly learning environment
- Exciting cultural student life
Fall semester (September – December) - application deadline: 10 June
Spring Semester (February – May) - application deadline: 10 December
Courses Available :
For the current list of courses on offer, please visit our website:
Hungarian Grades and their ECTS Equivalents:
5 - excellent
A - excellent
4 - (very) good
B - (very) good
3 - satisfactory
C - satisfactory
2 - passed
D/E - passed
1 - failed
FX/F - failed
N - no credit
- no credit
- Students should have completed at least 2 semesters’ study at their home institution prior to their commencement of study at KJU, and should remain registered at their home institution during the period of their study abroad
- Applicants should take up a minimum of 30 ECTS credit worth courses elected from among the courses listed above or they are free to opt for more. A full academic load per semester at KJU is equivalent to 30 ECTS credits. Credits earned as a free mover can be transferred to the home institution but may never be counted towards a KJU qualification
- Students should be able to demonstrate proficiency in English equivalent to B2 conform Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
For Erasmus students and international exchange students from our partner institutions based on MOU(2 students from each partner): no tuition fee
For visiting students and free movers:
- registration fee: 200 euro / semester
- course fee: 2250 euro*
- *minimum number of ECTS/semester: 30 ECTS
Living costs are to be fully covered individually by the student which in case of Hungary is estimated to be around 250-300 euro/month.
KJU will assist students in the selection of a suitable accommodation upon the student’s request. The following housing options are available:
- apartment share in an apartment house
- room sharing in hostels (halls of residence)
- flat rental
Housing arrangement made with the assistance of the International Institute require advance payment. Costs vary according to the type and area of accommodation between cca. 600 and 800 euro /semester.
Application for Enrollment:
The following documents should be submitted until the deadlines specified above in the academic calendar.
- filled and signed application form
- 2 ID photos
- fficial Transcript from the applicant’s home university giving proof of student’s status and listing courses taken and all grades / exam results
- photocopy of the passport
Visa requirements for foreign students:
Due to Hungary's membership of the "Schengen Countries" (from December 21, 2007) new regulations apply for students coming from non-EU countries regarding visas and residence permits. Upon receipt of the Letter of Acceptance, the Confirmation of Payment and the Confirmation for Accommodation from KJU, students from non-EU countries should hand in their application for a D-type visa for studies at the Embassy of the Republic of Hungary in their home country. The long-term visa (D-type) costs 60 EUR. Before arrival students should apply for medical health insurance in their country covering an amount of ca. 30,000 EUR. With a valid student visa, they can apply for a residence permit when they arrive in Hungary. The student visa may take up to 20 days to obtain. Handing in the application in time is strongly advised.
The regulations for the registration of the place of residence and the residence permit can also be found on the website of the Office of Immigration and Nationality and/or of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Hungary.