Kodolanyi Janos University believes that every student can go abroad to learn different languages, get to know other cultures and increase his/her knowledge. The Active-Eye project is to set up a team of facilitators for the special needs students (e.g.: dyslexia, dysgraphia, vision impairment, blindness, hearing impairment, etc.) students and/or lecturers are both available to support their daily participating in the life of the university. All these services are free of charge!
We offer our support to those who have:
- special learning difference
- cognitive impairment
- medical condition (e.g. blindness)
- food allergies
Students with special needs may apply for specific support after they have been selected for an Erasmus mobility period. The Erasmus grant is higher than the normal study or placement grant to offset the specific challenges with which you are faced (such as physical access and the organization and content of teaching).
How to apply:
- Ask the Erasmus coordinator of your home higher education institution about the application procedure (application deadline, where you can obtain the application form, where to submit your application form etc.).
- You have to fill in a form describing your special need and additional requirements it entails, as well as a detailed cost estimate of the financial support you will need.
- Your application shall include a statement delivered by an authorized person or institution attesting the special need and its degree of severity, its impact on the mobility and an estimation of the additional costs for your participation in the mobility program.
- Applications are made directly to International Office at your higher education institution.
- Your home higher education institution and National Agency will assess your application and will decide on the additional amount you may receive.
- If you are entitled to an additional grant, you will have to sign a grant agreement that clarifies your rights and duties.
- It is important to anticipate all possible needs and apply for the appropriate support before you go abroad, otherwise may not be possible to get them.
- After your study or placement period you will have to report the precise amount of your additional expenses and provide evidence with invoices. Your grant agreement will contain the specific rules concerning this report.