BA in International Relations
Title of qualification: International Relations Expert
Duration of education:
- 1 preparatory semester (only for international students)
- 6 semesters of studies
ECTS value: Preparatory course 20 credits+ Bachelor program 180 credits
In addition to acquiring practical knowledge, methods and techniques, in small group sessions you can also get familiar with the operation and events of Hungarian and international institutions and scientific workshops. According to the needs of the labour market, our students not only learn but also gain experience with different project tasks and internships. Kodolányi is the only university in Hungary offering specialization on foreign- and security policies.
Description of the program:
The program’s qualification objectives are equivalent to the European Qualification Framework System 6th level, and Hungarian National Qualification Framework system 6th level.
The aim of the course is the education of professionals who are capable of understanding, analyzing the international sphere of politics, polity and policy at the level of system (IGO, INGOs, TNCs, MNCS and international knowledge organizations at global and regional level), states, individuals and groups (movements, parties, and networks).
With taking this course you will be capable of understanding principles and multilevel and regional governance system of the International relations, its trends and nature, challenges and risks.
You will be capable of:
- understanding organization and management of different type of organizations and institutions:
- External services at the system level: multilateral international rules, polity units and public policy making in main functional areas.
- Foreign policy service units (foreign policy ministries, departments of functional ministries, external diplomatic services, participating transnational level of external services at the level of states
- The world of transnational organizations, international movements and networks, their roles in regime formations and global, regional policymaking activities
- working in internal pubic service, non-profit and business organizations, networks, understanding their management structures, programming, projecting and other network and coalition building activities. You will be capable of fulfilling senior issues, team management and operation activities.
- intercultural communication and interactions with international individuals, groups, institutions using the tools, approaches and methodology of IR discipline in unilateral, multilateral, hard and soft, public and digital as well as complex diplomacy for understanding and influencing choices and behaviors of the partners.
- ethical behavior, for intercultural oral and written competencies presenting in new visualized, mediated and virtualized world.
- continuing your studies at master’s level.
Specialized focus areas:
- Green Economy
- Foreign & Security Policy
- European Union Studies
Overview of the classes:
- Study skills & Learning Methods
- Hungarian as Foreign Language
- Multicultural Communication
- Foreign policy and Foreign Office Services in the 21st Century
- European Union in the World
- Skills for European Public, Non-Profit-Business Employment Services
The KJU BA in International Relations Program’s position:
- The program is part of the KJU Budapest International Campus program and together with the Hungarian program is sustainably implemented.
- The program is connected to KJU’s strategic aims for cooperative education including work-based learning (WBL)
- The program is connected to KJU’s strategic aims for entrepreneurship education: to develop students for private, non-profit or social entrepreneurship.
Interesting facts of the International Relations Department:
- our students stand by the opinion that the strength of our courses are the high quality education and the usage of modern technique
- almost 40% of our students start working abroad right after graduation
- several well-known and acknowledged ambassadors, politicians and delegates paid their respect at our campus and gave presentations on their countries
Our students said:
"Professionally, I really feel that I got the best possible training at Kodolányi. Personally, I always felt that the institution revolved around me and not the other way around. I am absolutely convinced that without the knowledge and references that my teachers provided me with, I never would have been admitted for Masters Studies at Hebrew University, one of the top 100 institutions of the world.”
Beáta Mondi, International Relations