MSc in Tourism Management
"ENHANCE YOUR EXPERTISE AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS!"
||Master of Science in Tourism Management
||Economist in Tourism Management
|Duration of education
After completing our training, you will be able to perform independent and comprehensive planning, management and coordination tasks in the field of tourism at local, regional, national and international levels, both in tourism enterprises and in the state, regional, or local tourism planning and management institutional system and in the non-profit sector. You will know the international development trends of the tourism sector, you will be able to plan and implement the systems approach that is essential in the sector, and thanks to your high-level management knowledge you will be able to perform middle and senior management positions in various fields of tourism. This course is optimal for you if you want to deal with planning, development and analysis at a high level in any field of tourism, if you look for solutions that require creativity and innovation, or if you want to start your own company and operate it successfully.
Did you know?
- Nearly 40% of Hungary's tourism professionals boast a KJU degree!
- In 2019, our students won the "Best Hotel Basic Process Innovation" category in the CheckINN Innovation Competition announced by the Hungarian Tourism Association Foundation, and the KJU team finished second in the "Best F&B Service Innovation" category.
“What I particularly liked is that KJU is true, a very student-friendly and student-oriented university. There were only 5-6 people in my group in the master's program, and the whole thing was even more practical compared to the bachelor's program. Teachers weren't strictly focusing on dry knowledge transfer, but rather on how to lead us to the right mindset, to help us think critically and discuss. That is why the master's program was even friendlier to me. It wasn't stressful to learn, I did not feel like I had to force information into my brain. I walked into the classroom; we discussed the respective topic and at the end, I came out knowing I gained very useful knowledge - it was the kind of discussion where knowledge was built along with experiences. KJU's teachers led me to always look at things in a complex way."
Artúr Nagy regional representative, KEYENCE
Description of the program
The program's qualification objectives are equivalent to the European Qualification Framework System level 7, and Hungarian National Qualification Framework system 7th level programs. They comply with the Hungarian subject benchmarks and are accredited by the Hungarian Higher Education Accreditation Committee, a member of ENQA. Read more
The Tourism Management master program's function is education of experts for the tourism industry, who are capable of direct planning, analysis and reporting for decision making, and autonomous implementation concerning economic industries.
With taking this course you will be capable of
- system level analysis of organizations processes, forming tourist supply side, organization and institution development, planning and programming studies and implementation of development projects for leadership in enterprises and institutions.
- working in tourism and other related departments of local governments, ministries, governmental and non-profit professional agencies, in functional governance institutions, organizations of tourism destination management, marketing organizations for tourism, and other non-profit industries for tourism.
- continuing their studies at Ph.D. level.
- understanding the structures and international finance of the tourism sector, strategic management and operations in global tourism destinations, talent and innovation management in global context, marketing and international commercialization of tourism destinations.
Specialized focus areas
- International Marketing & Collaboration
- Global Responsible Leadership
Domains of study
- Disciplinary Tourism Studies: Introduction to Tourism Management, Sustainable Tourism Development, Tourism Strategy and Policy, Sociology of Tourism, Digital Marketing & Social Media, Multilateral Negotiations and Communications, Practical Marketing, Etiquette & Protocol
- Specialized Tourism Studies: International Hospitality Management, International Event Management, Visitor Attraction Management
- Global Responsible Leadership: Global Future Trend Analysis, Global Public Policies, Politics & Comparative Politics, Global Mobility Landscapes, Advanced Research and Communication, Responsible Strategic Leadership & Management, Innovation Policies & Management, Comparative Regionalism, Business & Enterprise Development Theories
The KJU MSc in Tourism Management Program's position
The program is part of the KJU Budapest International Campus program and together with the Hungarian program is sustainably implemented.
The program is connected to KJU's strategic aims for cooperative education including work-based learning (WBL)
The program is connected to KJU's strategic aims for entrepreneurship education: to develop students for private, non-profit or social entrepreneurship
Apply now! Admission criteria