BSc in Tourism & Catering
"BUILD A CAREER IN THE WORLD'S LEADING INDUSTRY!"
||Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Catering
||Economist in Tourism and Catering
|Duration of education
||6 + 1 + 1 semesters
||180 + 60 credits
At KJU, one of Hungary's longest-known tourist training sites, you can learn from renowned and experienced professionals. With us, you can get up-to-date, marketable knowledge about the management and administration of tourism businesses and the management of your business processes in the framework of exciting lessons full of experiences. In our training, you will get to know the current trends in international tourism. You will gain comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge in the most dynamically developing areas of tourism product development, as well as a taste of the world of gastro-tourism, active tourism, and creative tourism. We are waiting for you if you want to work in a hotel, travel agency, hospitality, airline, conference, or event company, if you are curious about the world and would like to try yourself abroad, love to travel, deal with people, and you enjoy the professional challenges.
Did you know?
- Nearly 40% of Hungary's tourism professionals boast a KJU degree!
- In 2019, our students won the "Best Hotel Basic Process Innovation" category in the CheckINN Innovation Competition announced by the Hungarian Tourism Association Foundation, and the KJU team finished second in the "Best F&B Service Innovation" category.
“KJU has a very friendly and mutually supportive atmosphere that made me realize I wanted to work in a similar one later on, as well. Luckily, I found my calculations and I plan for the long term. I learned a very important economist vision on things that helps me in my work even to this day. I do not only just simply look at how good the product is – I have a higher level of vision and I can perform my tasks with a managerial approach. I try to create a win-win situation in my work and make sure what we do is good both for the company and the guests as well. Clearly, my teachers were the most inspiring during my studies: each of them helped me develop the vision with which I could become successful in my profession. The basics of my attitude to quality work were handed down to me by them. I learned precision and quality-oriented work from them, and they inspired us to get the most out of ourselves.”
Tibor Hámori, Gerbeaud – head barista
Description of the program:
The program's qualification objectives are equivalent to the European Qualification Framework System 6th level, and the Hungarian National Qualification Framework system 6th level. Read more
The aim of the course is the education of economic professionals who are capable of understanding enterprise and business administration processes in general, and capable for internationalization for global business environment.
With taking this course you will be capable of:
- understanding the principles and multilevel governance system of the tourism industry, its trends and nature, challenges and risks.
- understanding organization and management of different type of organizations and institutions in tourism industry. The specialized knowledge will make you capable of understanding, planning and analyzing operative and functional business processes of the organizations and institutions.
- the organization and management of new creative, innovative, quality-oriented program or project-based interventions for business services.
- intercultural communication and interactions with customers, for understanding and influencing choices and behaviors.
- continuing your studies at master's level.
Specialized focus areas:
- Green Economy
- Hotel and Catering Management
- Tourism Development
Overview of the classes:
- Generic competencies: Introduction to Mathematics, Microeconomics and Macroeconomics, Introduction to Management, Quantitative Analyses and Statistics.
- International business service industry studies: Global Environmental Problems and Management, International Economics, Intercultural Communication, European Governance: Recent Developments & Challenges, International Project Management, International Marketing & PR, HRM Services.
- Disciplinary modules in field of tourism: Global Geography, Principles of Tourism, Hospitality Management, Tour Operation Management, Tourism Marketing, Creativity and Innovation in Tourism, Gastronomy, Sustainable Tourism Development, Visitor Attraction Management, Responsible Tourism Consumption, Food & Beverage Management.
The KJU BSc in Tourism and Catering Program's position:
The program is part of the KJU Budapest International Campus program and together with Hungarian program is sustainably implemented.
The program is connected to KJU's strategic aims for cooperative education including work-based learning (WBL)
The program is connected to KJU's strategic aims for entrepreneurship education to develop students for private, non-profit or social entrepreneurship.
Apply now! Admission criteria