Visa & Residence Permit

Applicants coming from a country that is under visa obligations according to the Schengen acquis, need to apply for the Residence Permit for the Purpose of Studies.

Moreover, please note that D visas for entitlement to receive a residence permit issued to third-country nationals are single-entry visas authorising a stay of not more than 30 days, therefore we recommend visiting the regional directorate of the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing responsible for the place where their future accommodation is located as soon as possible after entering Hungary in order to receive the residence permit and register such Hungarian accommodation.

To apply for a residence permit in your country you need to submit the residence permit application package at the Hungarian Consulate, which operates in your or the nearest country. By contacting the Consulate you can ask for further information or you will be guided by our representative in your country.

The residence permit package should contain the following documents:

  • A completed and signed residence permit application form;
  • payment of the visa fee;
  • A valid passport (the validity of which has to exceed that of the requested visa by at least 3 months);
  • 1 passport-sized photo in color (not older than 6 months);
  • supporting documents of school attendance (Letter of Acceptance issued by KJU);
  • Supporting documents of accommodation (Confirmation of Accommodation issued by KJU);
  • Documents certifying subsistence in Hungary (notarized bank account statement; and/or the declaration of the parents of their sponsorship of the stay in Hungary. Bank loans for sponsorship are not accepted!);
  • Health insurance or equal financial means.

Bachelor programs Master programs Apply now!
Budapest International Campus
1117 Budapest,
Prielle Kornélia u. 47-49.
EFOP-3.4.4-16-2017-00001 Calendula Terv